Friday, April 26, 2013

I'm here!

It's been almost three years since I've been to Korea and almost three years since I've last seen my host family. It's funny, so much has changed over time yet things are still the same. :) I love them both so much!

Airports:

So I started off in SLC International Airport and that was a pretty quick and painless flight. Then we got to Portland ready to go to Tokyo. Okay let me tell you something. I have honestly never been more scared of a plane than during that flight. We're on the runway ready to take off, and all of a sudden the power shuts down. The entire power on the plane turned off and they didn't know why and they were like, "Sorry, we are rebooting everything up, we don't know what happened but we need the generator to run our engines." Yea, I thought that was a comforting thought...They need the power to run the engines but don't know why they all of a sudden stopped? What if we were mid-air and that happened?!? :)
But no worries. Obviously I landed (barely) safely. They kinda didn't hit the run way properly so the plane was bouncing around...ah, it was an awful moment. BUT they have individual tv's for each passenger and about 100 FREE movies and tv shows to choose from to watch. So I watched Pitch Perfect among other various things ;)

Then was Tokyo. Oh my golly, people are SO RUDE THERE. This one guy literally SHOVED ME OUT OF THE WAY so he could get past me and said "move." RUDE. But I really felt like that was a longer wait than it really was. We arrived at like 5 and took of at 8. We were surprisingly fed dinner on that plane even though it was super short. But it was sushi, and if any of you know me, you know that the one thing I would rather starve than eat is fish, so I starved. ;)

Customs surprisingly was short. Last time it took me over an hour to get through and this time was about 15 minutes. I likey. ;) Then we picked up our baggage and went through the gates where all the people are! I got to see my host mom and dad and it was a marvelous experience! :)

Today, it's about 1 pm here and we're going to eat curry. My favorite food is my host mom's ddaktoritang (I'll add pictures later) and so I think she'll make it for me soon! <3 p="" yummy="">
Well all, I'm hungry so I'm going to go!!

love you all,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment